Week of June 23, 2019
What’s Happening: Wow...the Spring that really wasn't is over! Let's welcome some Summer into our lives!
Fun Holidays this Week:
June 23: National Pink Day - Not to be confused with International Pink Day, this holiday is celebrated annually in observance of the color pink.
June 25: National Catfish Day - It's a day to enjoy some tasty, fried catfish. Or, enjoy catfish cooked to your favorite recipe......yummy.
June 27: Sunglasses Day – Get out and enjoy the sun today with your favorite pair of sunglasses.
June 28: Christopher Street Day - Christopher Street Day, also known as CSD, is a LGBT celebration which is held in a number of different cities all over the world.
June 29: Camera Day – Celebrate with a picture of something you love! Share your picture here with us!
Keeping hydrated is an important part of staying healthy. Water promotes cardiovascular health, keeps your body cool, helps muscles and joints work better and keeps skin supple. Here is this week’s hydration recipe:
Mango Pineapple Water
1 medium sized mango, thinly sliced
1 cup pineapple, chopped
Peel and slice one mango. Add 1 cup of finely chopped pineapple and water. Refrigerate 4-6 hours before drinking to allow flavors to infuse.
DIY Hand and Forearm Massage
Too much texting? Don’t worry. Try this hand/forearm massage to help relax your muscles:
· Relax one arm, palm up, on top of your thigh.
· Push the heel of your other palm slowly along the forearm in the direction of your wrist.
· Use enough pressure to feel some heat, but not to give yourself a brush burn.
· Do the same thing across your open palm all the way down toward your fingertips, and again over the mound of your thumb.
· Repeat a few times, and switch hands.
If the DIY massage isn't working, schedule your appointment with us: https://www.massagebook.com/biz/rochestertherapeuticmassage