Week of April 21, 2019
What’s Happening: Hope everyone had a good day with their friends and/or family.
We're gearing up to participate in a couple of events in May:
- Union Place Coffee Roaster's 6th anniversary open house, Thursday May 2nd, from 6-8pm
- Churchville Chili Food Truck Rodeo, Thursday May 16th, from 4:30-9pm
Fun Holidays this Week:
April 21: Husband Appreciation Day – If you have an amazing husband, let him know today.
April 23: National Zucchini Bread Day – Here a delicious recipe. http://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/zucchini-bread-17123
April 24: Administrative Professionals Day – Give the gift of massage to thank the admin who helps you all year long.
April 26: Arbor Day – Plant a tree today.
Keeping hydrated is an important part of staying healthy. Water promotes cardiovascular health, keeps your body cool, helps muscles and joints work better and keeps skin supple. Here is this week’s hydration recipe:
Papaya Lime Water
½ Papaya, cut into chunks
½ Lime, cut into slices
Combine all ingredients in a pitcher of water.
Refrigerate until chilled – about 1 hour.
Spring Events Around Town
Spring is in the air and has some of the best weather for any of those 5ks, Warrior dashes or bicycle rides – not too hot, not too cold. If you want to move your muscles, signing up for any of these events is a great goal to work towards. Get an accountability partner to join you – that makes it even more fun! Here are a few events happening around the country and locally:
· Color Run - The color run is a vibrant event hosted in at least 100 cities around the country. Runners wear white and are doused in color every kilometer. Celebrate after the finish line at the "Finish Festival" with live music and dancing. http://www.thecolorvibe.com/rochester.php
· Spartan Race - The Spartan Race has three obstacle options for those that want to push themselves. While they aren't beginner-type courses, the 3-mile, 15-obstacle Spartan Sprint has a 99.9 completion rate and is considered the easiest option. https://www.spartan.com/en/race/find-race
· Zombie Run - This nighttime run includes options for all skill levels, including the Black Ops course that includes obstacles. The race is held at night while you run from volunteers dressed up as zombies. There are 28 cities hosting zombie runs. https://www.zombierun.com/
· Iron Horse Bicycle Classic - There are plenty of different spring rides across the country. The Iron Bicycle Classic has become a well-known event in the Durango, Colorado, area that takes place every Memorial Day Weekend. It includes a host of different rides for different levels, including the Durango Cyclery Cruiser Crit where participants dress up in their best costumes and cruise the course. The best costume and bike combination even wins a prize.
And remember, regular massages can help you while you’re training for these events.
According to the American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA), massage acts to improve performance, reduce pain, prevent injury, encourage focus and shorten recovery time. So, let us help you train for whatever event you decide to tackle. Schedule your massage here: https://www.massagebook.com/biz/rochestertherapeuticmassage