Week of March 17, 2019
What’s Happening: This week is St. Patrick’s Day. Was anyone able to catch the Rochester parade? I didn't, but heard it was a fun one.
Fun Holidays this Week:
March 17: Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
March 20: Spring Equinox – Spring is finally here, although, you never know in Western New York!
March 22: National Goof Off Day – Today is a day to just goof off. Find a fun, silly activity you can enjoy.
Keeping hydrated is an important part of staying healthy. Water promotes cardiovascular health, keeps your body cool, helps muscles and joints work better and keeps skin supple. Here is this week’s hydration recipe:
2 lemons, sliced
Place lemons and water in a large pitcher and refrigerate until cold. If you want extra lemon flavor, squeeze the juice from some of the slices directly into the water. Beware of seeds.
Fun Facts About St. Patrick’s Day
Today is St. Patrick’s Day so I thought I would tell you some fun facts you can use to impress your friends. Have fun and be safe out there.
· Corned beef and cabbage is a traditional St. Patrick’s Day dish
· Irish soda bread gets its name from the use of baking soda rather than yeast as a leavening agent
· The first St. Patrick’s Day parade took place in the United States on March 17, 1762
· More than 100 St. Patrick’s Day parades are held across the United States
· There are 34.7 million U.S. residents with Irish ancestry. This number is more than seven times the population of Ireland itself.
· There are approximately 144,588 current U.S. residents who were born in Ireland.