Week of December 23, 2018
What’s Happening: We wish you a Merry Christmas! We hope that you can enjoy the holidays with your loved ones. Check out the offers at the end of the newsletter.
Fun Holidays this Week:
December 24: National Eggnog Day – Try this recipe.
December 25: Christmas Day – Merry Christmas!
December 27: Make Cut Out Snowflakes Day – Not sure how to make a paper snowflake? Here are some directions:
December 28: Card Playing Day – Grab a deck of cards and have some fun with those you love. Not sure of the rules to your favorite games? Here’s a cheat sheet for you:
Keeping hydrated is an important part of staying healthy. Water promotes cardiovascular health, keeps your body cool, helps muscles and joints work better and keeps skin supple. Here is this week’s hydration recipe:
Feeling chilled? You can get warm and hydrate at the same time with certain kinds of teas. Did you know both green and black leaf tea add to your fluid intake and help you hydrate?
Tips for a Healthy Holiday
The holidays are in full force. What can you do to keep healthy and end the year on a high note?
Here are a few tips for you:
· Stay in control of stress – We know the holidays can really bring a person to the brink, but take a few moments to yourself throughout the day to just … breathe. Stay calm, it’ll all be over soon!
· Stretch – Most of us experience stress in our daily lives, especially around the holidays.
Stretching has benefits similar to getting a massage. It gets the blood flowing to
overactive muscles that have contracted because of stress or immobility. Stretching can be a simple way to relieve some of the tension in your body and help you cope with stress. Here are some simple stretches you can do anywhere:
· Sleep! – You’d be surprised how much the amount and quality of sleep you get can affect your well-being. Make sure you’re getting to bed at a decent time and getting solid sleep.
· Stay active – if you can’t make it into the gym, take a walk around the block, go to the park, walk around the mall. Just keep your body moving – it’ll help with the stress as well.
· Eat as healthy as you can – Eat those veggies and fruits and keep a pack of almonds in your pocket for the times you’re looking for a snack.
· Schedule a massage – Give us a call to schedule an appointment. Taking some time for yourself during this busy time of year can give you the boost you need to finish the year strong.
With these tips, you’re giving yourself the best advantage to stay healthy through the rest of the holidays.
Special Offers: Looking for those last minute gifts? Our gift certificates are on sale! Buy 2, get the 3rd 50% off or buy 4, get the 5th free! Call our office for details.