Week of March 3, 2019
What’s Happening: Karen & I worked with a couple over the weekend that had never had a massage. It was a wonderful experience! They both came out of their appointment, relaxed & happy. They joked that "it was the best first massage ever".
Did you know that you can support small businesses without having to spend money? A simple like, comment or share helps get our names & our business out there. We would welcome you to join our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/rochesterthera1/ or post a review to Google Places: http://bit.ly/2VxmHg4. Thank you so much to everyone for your continued support!
Fun Holidays this Week:
March 5: Happy Mardi Gras!
March 8: International Women's Day – A day to celebrate all the strong, wonderful women in our lives.
Keeping hydrated is an important part of staying healthy. Water promotes cardiovascular health, keeps your body cool, helps muscles and joints work better and keeps skin supple. Here is this week’s hydration recipe:
Watermelon Strawberry Mint Water
4 cups watermelon in /2 inch cubes, lightly mashed
1/2 pint strawberries, sliced in half
6 sprigs mint (lightly crushed)
Combine all ingredients in a pitcher. Stir gently, cover, and refrigerate until flavors combine, at least 1 hour.
Throw A Mardi Gras Party
Mardi Gras is one of the most well-known festivals of the year. While Mardi Gras is celebrated all over the world, the most famous Mardi Gras happens in New Orleans. Even if you can’t make it to New Orleans for the celebration, here are some fun ways to host your own Mardi Gras party!
· Send fun invitations. You can make your own, buy them or send out digital invites, but either way themed invitations set the mood.
· Make it a costume party. Ask people to wear masks and dress up for the occasion.
· Serve Mardi Gras themed food. Here is a link to some traditional Mardi Gras recipes. http://allrecipes.com/recipes/192/holidays-and-events/mardi-gras/. Share the link with friends and have a potluck.
· Create a playlist. Put together a list of Cajun-style music to set the mood at your party. You can find a ton of free tunes online.
· Decorate in Mardi Gras colors. There are three colors that are traditionally associated with Mardi Gras: purple, gold and green. Purple symbolizes justice, gold symbolizes power and green symbolizes faith. Decorate using these colors for a traditional feel.