Week of August 26, 2018
What’s Happening: Labor Day is next week! The office will be closed so everyone can enjoy time with family & friends.
Fun Holidays this Week:
August 27: Just Because Day - Is there something you'd like to do, but have been putting off because there isn’t a particular reason for doing it? Well, today is the day to try something "just because".
August 29: More Herbs, Less Salt Day – The end of August is a great time to celebrate this day. Herb gardens are at their peak and are perfect for using in your favorite recipes.
August 31: National Trail Mix Day – The beauty of Trail Mix is you can combine almost anything together to make a tasty snack. Try this recipe is you’re not sure what to use.
Keeping hydrated is an important part of staying healthy. Water promotes cardiovascular health, keeps your body cool, helps muscles and joints work better and keeps skin supple. Here is this week’s hydration recipe:
Mango Strawberry Water
1 medium mango, sliced
1 cup strawberries, sliced
Add mangos and strawberries to a pitcher of water. Refrigerate for 4-6 ours to infuse the flavors.
DIY Foot Massage
If your feet are giving you trouble, sometimes this simple trick can help eliminate the discomfort. The best part is that you can use this technique almost anywhere.
Here's how to do it:
· Get a small ball – a tennis ball will work great
· While sitting in a chair, step on the ball with your foot. Your foot can be bare or you can keep your sock on. It’s up to you.
· Roll your foot back and forth from heel to toe with firm pressure. Don’t push so hard that you cause yourself pain. This should feel good, like it is relieving tension in your foot.
· If you have isolated pain or pain that is more intense in certain parts of your foot, work those areas gently by rolling the ball in small circles.
· Continue for 2-3 minutes, then switch feet.